Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Shopping and DIY

So this weekend my sister and I finally made the two hour trip to our closest Ikea store! it was wonderful! We got on the road around 1ish after I worked my quick morning shift at the bank. Baby Laina came with while sissy Brooklyn got to stay home and have a daddy day.

On the road


Once there, I found that I was veering from my list just a bit.....trying to decide  what I reaaaally wanted and needed the most. So here is what I got!






















Stockholm Bowl, This was kind of a
splurge for me at $29.99, but love I how it is a large piece and would make a statement on my little dining room table.



























4 Nyttja Frames, two 8x10 and two 4x6 for my floating shelf display. (more on that to come.)







I only ended up getting one of these Skimmer candle holders because I dont like little cluttery stuff, but I live the shinny-ness.


White Salong vase, I still need to find the perfect light pink flower to display in it, probably on my bathroom counter.  


Now on to the floating shelf dilemma....




Here is what we found there:



I realize now that this is kind of a horrible picture..you cant really see the shape of the board, but its a 2x6 for the amazing price of....

!!! YES!!!
This will become our shelf.  we had them cut them down for us to 74 inches, same as the Lack shelf. Then we found these little brackets for around $2 each






 our plan is to place them on the board like this....so crossing our fingers hoping our rigs would work and willing to risk the $9 total the supplies would cost we brought it all home.



Painted the board and the brackets white.




 Painted the back part of the brackets to match the wall color.


 Drywall anchors











 this is how the bracket looks on the bottom of the shelf








Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment