Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Making my own art

I love the idea of only having my own art hanging on my walls, I don't know what it is about hanging something someone else created that I don't like...maybe its pride? I don't know...but unless its some hugely amazing work of art that I could never do, Id rather make my own! weather it be my own photography or my own drawings/paintings or my new recent infatuation, digitally created art. I've been working on a chandelier silhouette print for my daughter's room, here it is:


I like how this one turned out...finally...after much experimenting with vector images which I have not used before. I am definitely learning as I go!
I would also like to come up with something using a grey and yellow color scheme for my bathroom....but im having a hard time coming up with something that looks "bathroomy" 

I did this one....


but I'm not loving it....

so then I did this:


But it is still not saying "bathroom" to me.....
Anyone have any suggestions for inspiration? good bathroom quotes I could turn into art? 
Off I go to search for ideas! I will update when I make some progress!

I also have to work on finding something to put in this beauty:


Up close of  detail

My sister and I found this at a garage sale for.........

$2.00!!!!


This is after I have spray painted it white, sorry I forgot to take a before picture :-(
This was probably a $200 frame from Hobby Lobby.... hooray for yard sales and a million percent off!
So I'm thinking it might be time for a new family picture.....

No comments:

Post a Comment