Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finished Desk Refinish & Coffee Bag Bulletin Board How to

Hello everyone!  I am coming to you today for the first blog post from my newly finished workspace!  A whole of 2 days in the making, and by no means top of the line, but I think it did turn out pretty cute, and functional, so I'm happy! Here it is:





 Here is a reminder of how it looked before:


See more of the transformation here.



Add caption





Here's how I made the Coffee bag bulletin board, Sorry I didn't take a before picture, but it was a rather dated looking purple board in a purple rounded edged plastic frame.

Start with a large coffee bag, my sister picked this one up for my at a local coffee shop for $1


Cut to fit your board and Staple.




Brooklyn snapped a picture of me working, and yes, the baby got a hold of the scissors for 2 seconds....I took them away very shortly.....



Finished board on the wall


I even used up the rest of the aluminum spray paint that I used for the lamp on a little chair I had stitting in the basement, worked perfectly.

Breakdown:

Desk - free on the side of the road
Lamp -  $3 Goodwill
Bulletin board - free dumpster save from my mom's office, + $1 for coffee bag
Char - free from my basement
Black circle mousepad - Ikea .99cents
Ruler - .50 cents at Meijer
BIG mistakes eraser - $1 at Meijer
Clock - Already had
Cutout Pencil holder - $4ish at Meijer

Total new workspace cost:  $10.49!

No comments:

Post a Comment