Monday, May 23, 2011

DIY No Sew Tattered Flower Headbands



I know I haven't been posting on here a whole lot, we've had some beautiful weather finally and the girls and I have been out enjoying it. Here is one project I've managed to get posted up here for you guys. Im thinking of  possibly selling these tattered flower headbands at the flee market this year, adorable, right?  

Here's how I made them: 


I went to hobby lobby and purchased a few different patterns of fabric. 1/4 yard each. (this is enough fabric to make MANY flowers, you only need a 1 inch strip per flower)


Cut your strip and trip the ends with the funky edges. 




Fold strip in half with wrong sides together and iron all the way down the strip.

Out of scrap fabric, trace a circle slightly smaller than you want your finished flower to be and cut out.





I bought hair clips from hobby lobby and cut two slits in the center of the fabric circle and inserted the clip with a dot of hot glue to make sure it was secure.







With your hot glue gun, begin securing the strip along the outside of the circle and spiral in 




Continue to spiral until you reach the center, trim excess and your done!



I attached mine to these headbands that I also found at Hobby Lobby for under a buck. 
I made some smaller flowers also and skipped the headband and just used them as hair clips for my older daughter. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for giving me the inspiration to make these! I made mine a little differently, but I am always so inspired by your DIY projects :)

    ReplyDelete