Friday, April 22, 2011

Shelf re-do


So I was getting the feeling that my floating shelf wasn't performing as well as it could be. I wasn't liking the white frames, on a white shelf on a tan wall...blah blah blah....

Here is what it originally looked like:






I played around in photoshop to test what I wanted it to look like, here is my rough idea: 


Next was a trip to Dollar General, I picked up 5 of their TrueLiving brand black frames.
They are surprisingly good quality for the price! Everything seen below for $24 total! The price of only one of the 11x14's most other places....


And up they go, together with my wallflowers I happened to find at my last Meijer grocery shopping trip for $19.99








I like it so much better now! much more dramatic and less blah.  And dont mind the model lady's picture still in the frames, I still have to make some prints to fill them all, :-P  
 Here are some other things I also picked up at Dollar General while I was there:









1 comment:

  1. It looks really great! The black grounds everything, and it somehow all looks cleaner... even though you added more stuff!

    ReplyDelete