Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Painted Kitchen Cabinets


This was my kitchen last summer, sorry for the cruddy cell phone pics btw, my camera died on me and I have yet to get it replaced. I also apologize that I do not have the whole step by step process, I took on this feat while 8 months pregnant and with a 2 year old under my feet, i'm still amazed that I got it done!





Here is my newly painted kitchen. I absolutely love it. So much better than the oak, in my humble opinion! My sister is planning on painting hers also in the next month or so to come so I will feature a more in depth step by step of her transformation!   See more after pics HERE

Supplies used:

Behr Ultra White Semi Gloss Paint

Combination of about 4 coats brush/mini roller and Spray paint in an attempt to minimize brush strokes (this was my biggest problem!)

Knobs and pulls from The Knob Shop on ebay.

How i did it in a nutshell:


I wiped down with light soap and water let dry
removed hardware
removed doors and drawers. (complete drawers, not drawer fronts)
primed with brush with kilz primer
Painted 2 coats by brush
3rd coat with mini roller on areas that i could roll on
did touch ups with regular spray paint where i couldn't get rid of the brush strokes
let dry overnight at least between each coat.
It was a leaning process, i would probably even suggest doing more coats just for extra coverage and durability.

No comments:

Post a Comment